Want to announce an upcoming Simulcast broadcast to your viewers? Read on to find out how.
How do I schedule my Simulcast broadcast?
- Log in to your BeLive account using the latest version of Google Chrome.
- Click Set Destination on the top left section of the studio.
- Enable the Schedule Stream toggle.
- Set your intended broadcast date and time. Due to Facebook restrictions, you can only schedule a broadcast up to 7 days in advance.
- Select your broadcast destination. Select Facebook (to go live on your timeline or any page/group that you manage) or YouTube (to go live on your channel. Remember to verify your YouTube account first). If you cannot see your page or group in the list, click here.
- Upload a cover image. Check the bottom of the article for specific guidelines.
- Add a broadcast title and description. They will be the same for both destinations.
- To select your second destination, click the plus (+) button and repeat Step 5. Hit Save once done.
Will my scheduled broadcast go live automatically?
No. It only serves as an announcement to your viewers about an upcoming broadcast. You need to start it manually.
How do I edit my scheduled broadcast?
Click "Scheduled streams" and select the broadcast from the dropdown menu:
Once selected, stream settings will appear on the left side of the studio. From here, you can change the time/date, cover image/thumbnail, and title/description. You cannot change the destination for an existing scheduled broadcast. Hit Save to apply any new changes.
How do I start my scheduled broadcast?
Now that destinations are set, click Camera from the toolbar to push your webcam to the staging section:
Click Show in Stream to push your camera to the broadcasting section. Afterwards, click Start to begin your broadcast. A 3-second countdown will appear to signal the start of the stream. To end your broadcast, click the stop button:
How do I schedule more broadcasts?
To schedule more broadcasts, simply click Reset to clear all previous data. Don't worry - the reset button will NOT delete any of your scheduled broadcasts. It will simply reset the broadcast destination:
To learn about viewer comments, check out our article on Studio Comments and Reactions.
How do I add guests?
Learn how to add guests here.
Other things to know
- It is not possible to stream to 2 YouTube channels simultaneously. You can only go live on one YouTube channel at a time.
- You are required to start the broadcast within 10 minutes after the scheduled time. Alternatively, you may also start the broadcast earlier.
- If you previously scheduled a broadcast for a single destination, you may choose to add the second destination anytime. Just access the scheduled broadcast and click the plus (+) button to add the new destination.
- Cover image guidelines:
✅ Supported formats - .jpeg or .png
✅ Size - up to 3mb
✅ Ratio - 16:9 (i.e. 1920x1080, 1280×720, etc.)
✅ File name - no symbols or special characters