Want to announce your YouTube broadcast a few days in advance? Here's how to do it from the BeLive studio.
How do I schedule a YouTube broadcast?
1. First, verify your YouTube account. You can find full details here. Note: the verification process takes up to 24 hours.
2. Log in to your BeLive account using the latest version of Google Chrome or Safari.
3. From the studio, click Set destination > enable Schedule Stream > set the broadcast date and time > Select YouTube as your platform:
4. From the popup window, select the Google Account to connect with BeLive. You may go live to your Personal or Brand Channel. Click Allow to give BeLive permissions to your Google account.
⚠️ Important note: BeLive will not post without your permission. This is a standard agreement for YouTube/Google when giving permissions to a third-party app. It only means that you will have access to your YouTube channel and be able to create/edit shows, access comments, and delete your shows directly from your BeLive account.
5. After connecting your account and allowing permissions, select your preferred stream privacy:
Public - can be viewed by anyone on YouTube
Private - can be viewed by people you select
Unlisted - can be viewed and shared by anyone with the link. Unlisted videos will not appear under the "Videos" tab of your channel or YouTube search results unless someone adds your unlisted video to a public playlist.
6. Upload a cover image. (You can easily create a custom image using our Graphic Generator! Instructions can be found here.)
7. Add a title and description for your stream.
7. Hit Save.
Will my scheduled broadcast go live automatically?
No. It only serves as an announcement to your viewers about an upcoming broadcast. You need to start it manually.
How do I edit my scheduled broadcast?
Click Scheduled streams and select the broadcast from the dropdown menu:
Once selected, stream settings will appear on the left side of the studio. From here, you can change the time/date, stream privacy, cover image/thumbnail, and title/description. You cannot change the destination for an existing scheduled broadcast. Hit Save to apply any new changes.
How do I start my scheduled broadcast?
Now that your destination is set, click Camera from the toolbar to push your webcam to the staging section:
Click Show in Stream to push your camera to the broadcasting section. Afterwards, click Start to begin your broadcast. A 3-second countdown will appear to signal the start of the stream. To end your broadcast, click the stop button:
Related article: How to Download Broadcasts from BeLive
How do I schedule more broadcasts?
To schedule more broadcasts, simply click Reset to clear all previous data. Don't worry - the reset button will NOT delete any of your scheduled broadcasts. It will simply reset the broadcast destination:
To learn about viewer comments, check out our article on Studio Comments and Reactions.
How do I add guests?
Learn how to add guests here.
How do I share the broadcast link?
To share the broadcast link ahead of your show to your audience, click your profile photo from the studio, select My Streams and locate the link there.
Other things to know
If you want to stream a scheduled show with BeLive, it needs to be scheduled directly from the BeLive studio. It is not possible to link a show that was previously scheduled on YouTube.
You are required to start the broadcast within 10 minutes after the scheduled time. Alternatively, you may also start the broadcast earlier.
Cover image guidelines
Supported formats - .jpg or .png
Size - up to 3mb
Ratio - 16:9 (i.e. 1920x1080, 1280×720, etc.)
File name - no symbols or special characters
Want to create a cover image for your show? Click here to learn more about our Graphic Generator feature!