Testing the Studio
It's always a good idea to test the things before starting using them so that you 100% sure how it actually works, and also to be better prepared for your upcoming show! Good news - you can see how everything in the Studio works without starting your broadcast 😃
First of all, you need to open the Studio.
In the center, you will see a preview window - this is what your viewers will see once you go live. You can test all the features and immediately see what they would look like on the live broadcast.
On your left, you will see a panel with various icons; each of the icons represents a particular feature in Be.Live.
- Start button allows you to start and end your broadcast.
- With Connect Camera button, you can connect your camera to the Studio. Once done, you can test different camera resolutions and check if the mic and camera are working. You can find more details about the camera/mic settings here.
- Invite a Guest. You can invite a guest anytime before or during the broadcast. Here is an article on how to add a guest.
- Share Screen. You can check how screen sharing feature works and how your viewers will see it. There are a few options for screen sharing; you can see more details here.
- Add Media. Want to show your audience something? You can upload images and videos from your computer or add pictures from Facebook albums! Here is how to do it.
- Live shopping feature. Do you want to sell your products? Then Live Shopping is perfect for you! Here is a guide on how to use it.
- Remote Assistant feature. This one allows you to control the broadcast from a mobile device or let your assistant do it for you. Here is an article with more details about this.
- & 9. Add Text & Agenda to your broadcast. You can add title, crawler & agenda items to your live show! And here is a guide on how to use these features.
- Appearance. Here you can select your custom branding: add background, logo, theme, and overlay. All the changes will be visible in the broadcast area right after you apply them. You can check out this article for more details.
You can play around with all of these features and see what the live broadcast would look like in the preview window.
Record a Test
You can Set destination to TEST and record your test stream and then download it to see what it looks like on the video.
Once you set up your camera or any other video source, click Record, use different features and finish the recording.
Your recording will be ready within an hour, download it from from “My broadcasts” page in your Be.Live profile!
It's a great way to see yourself in action and make sure your your mic settings are in check 🎤
Testing with Facebook
If you want to test how broadcasting to Facebook works, you can go live to a separate private group or change the privacy settings so only you would see the broadcast. You can find more detailed instructions here.
Testing with Youtube
You can also test how to go live on Youtube. Just select “private” or “unlisted” for the privacy for the broadcast in the destination settings and your live show will not be visible to your subscribers. You can find more information in this article.
Happy broadcasting! If you have any questions, you can always reach us by texting to the chat ;)