Privacy settings are an essential feature that can make the broadcasts either visible for everyone or only to a specific group of individuals. From the stream settings, you may set up the privacy level for your YouTube broadcast:
Note: All broadcasts are set to Public by default.
When you click on Stream Privacy level, you will see 3 privacy options for your YouTube broadcast:
- Public (can be seen by anyone)
- Private (can be seen by people you choose)
- Unlisted (can be seen and shared by anyone with the link. Unlisted videos will not appear under the "Videos" tab of your channel page or in YouTube's search results unless someone adds your unlisted video to a public playlist.)
After selecting your preferred privacy setting, click Save.
Editing Privacy Settings After Creating the Broadcast
- Sign in to YouTube studio: https://studio.youtube.com/
- From the menu on the left, select Videos.
- Hover over the video you wish to update. To see your live uploads, select the Live tab.
- Click the down arrow under "Visibility" and select Public, Private, or Unlisted.
It can be edited for both current live shows or previous ones.
- Stream to Multiple Destinations with Simulcast
- Subscribe to Standard+ to Access Premium Features