To go live, you need the following:
Desktop computer or laptop
The latest version of Chrome or Safari browser
Google account and YouTube Channel (make sure the account is verified)
Stable internet connection to avoid lags and delays. We recommend using a hard-wired connection (ethernet).
A pair of headphones to avoid echo and feedback
Related article: How to Set Up an Account with BeLive
Setting your broadcast destination
1. Log in to your BeLive account using the latest version of Google Chrome or Safari.
2. Click Set Destination on the top left section of the studio.
3. If you want to schedule a YouTube broadcast, click here. If you want to go live now, do not enable the Schedule Stream toggle.
4. Select YouTube as your broadcast platform. From the popup window, select the Google Account to connect with BeLive. You may go live to your Personal or Brand Channel. Click Allow to give BeLive permissions for your Google account.
⚠️ Important note: BeLive WILL NOT post without your permission. This is a standard agreement for YouTube/Google when giving permissions to a third-party app. It only means that you will have access to your YouTube channel and be able to create/edit shows, access comments, and delete your shows directly from your BeLive account.
5. After connecting your account and allowing permissions, select your preferred stream privacy:
Public - can be viewed by anyone on YouTube
Private - can be viewed by people you select
Unlisted - can be viewed and shared by anyone with the link. Unlisted videos will not appear under the "Videos" tab of your channel or YouTube search results unless someone adds your unlisted video to a public playlist.
6. Add a title and description for your stream.
7. Hit Save.
Connecting your camera
Now that your destination is set, click Camera from the toolbar to push your webcam to the staging section:
You will notice 3 buttons on the camera source:
Show in Stream - pushes your camera source to the broadcasting section
Mute - disables your microphone (viewers stop hearing you)
Stop video - disables your camera (viewers stop seeing you)
Move yourself to the broadcast by clicking Show in Stream.
To learn how to set up your customized branding, click here.
Learn how to add guests here.
Starting and ending your broadcast
After pushing your camera to the broadcasting section, click Start to begin your broadcast. A 3-second countdown will appear to signal the start of the stream. To end your broadcast, click the stop button:
Related article: How to Download Broadcasts from BeLive
Streaming to a different YouTube channel
From the Set Destination window, select YouTube as your destination > click your YouTube profile photo > Sign out > re-select YouTube > select your preferred account from the popup:
Starting or scheduling another broadcast
Simply click Reset to clear all previous data. Don't worry - the reset button will not delete any of your scheduled broadcasts. It will simply reset the broadcast destination:
To learn about viewer comments, check out our article on Studio Comments and Reactions.