It's always a good idea to test the things before starting using them so that you are 100% sure how it actually works, and also to be better prepared for your upcoming show!
BTW, you can do the test alone or along with your guests ;)
The trick is that it's possible to set the privacy settings to Only Me and you will be the only person who sees a specific broadcast. This option works only if you broadcast on your timeline. Please, follow the next instructions:
- Go to your private account settings on Facebook, and find the Business Integrations. Sometimes, Be.Live also may be located under the Apps & Websites.
2. Click on Be.Live to open the settings.
3. Scroll down to the visibility setting, and set it up to Only me.
4. Do not forget to save the changes by pressing the Save button, and then you're done!
After this, you can create a broadcast with a destination "On your own timeline" and actually go live. This way you will get the full experience and not worry that anyone else sees this broadcast.
Do not forget to change the settings back to "Public" or "Friends" after you are done with the testing.
If you don't want to change your privacy settings, there is another way to do a test broadcast - by creating a separate group!
To create a group:
1. Click on "Create Group"
2. Fill out the form and make sure you created a Closed group, so no one can see what you're posing there
3. Click "Create"
Once done, do not forget about adding Be.Live app to the specific group so that you can go live there! You can find a guide on how to do that here.
Hope it's all clear! If no, you can always reach us by texting to the chat ;)