Want to announce your Facebook broadcast a few days in advance? Here's how to do it from the BeLive studio.
How do I schedule a Facebook broadcast?
- Log in to your BeLive account using the latest version of Google Chrome.
- Click Set Destination on the top left section of the studio.
- Enable the Schedule Stream toggle.
- Set your intended broadcast date and time. Due to Facebook restrictions, you can only schedule a broadcast up to 7 days in advance.
- Select Facebook as your broadcast platform then select a specific destination (timeline or any page/group that you manage). If you cannot see your page or group in the list, click here. If you are using Safari browser, check the bottom of the article for required additional steps.
- Upload a cover image. Check the bottom of the article for specific guidelines.
- Add a broadcast title and description.
- Hit Save once done.
Will my scheduled broadcast go live automatically?
No. It only serves as an announcement to your viewers about an upcoming broadcast. You need to start it manually.
How do I access or edit my scheduled broadcast?
Click "Scheduled streams" and select the broadcast from the dropdown menu:
Once selected, stream settings will appear on the left side of the studio. From here, you can change the time/date, cover image/thumbnail, and title/description. You cannot change the destination for an existing scheduled broadcast. Hit Save to apply any new changes.
How do I start my scheduled broadcast?
After accessing your scheduled broadcast, click Camera from the toolbar to push your webcam to the staging section:
Click Show in Stream to push your camera to the broadcasting section. Afterwards, click Start to begin your broadcast. A 3-second countdown will appear to signal the start of the stream. To end your broadcast, click the stop button:
Related article: How to Download Broadcasts from Be.Live or Facebook
How do I schedule more broadcasts?
To schedule more broadcasts, simply click Reset to clear all previous data. Don't worry - the reset button will NOT delete any of your scheduled broadcasts. It will simply reset the broadcast destination:
To learn about viewer comments, check out our article on Studio Comments and Reactions.
How do I add guests?
Learn how to add guests here.
Using Safari browser
If you are trying to set your broadcast destination to Facebook but see a spinning wheel instead, click this icon in the address bar to grant permissions for Facebook:
Other things to know
- If you want to stream a scheduled show with BeLive, it needs to be scheduled directly from the BeLive studio. It is not possible to link a show that was previously scheduled on Facebook.
- You are required to start the broadcast within 10 minutes after the scheduled time. Alternatively, you may also start the broadcast earlier.
- Cover image guidelines:
✅ Supported formats - .jpeg or .png
✅ Size - up to 3mb
✅ Ratio - 16:9 (i.e. 1920x1080, 1280×720, etc.)
✅ File name - no symbols or special characters