What if you are discussing a topic or a subject that is hard to describe in words and sharing an image would be the best way to show your audience? This article is your go to guide on how to add images or videos directly from your computer as well as display pictures from your Facebook albums. Also, we now have an option to add a YouTube video via the link to it 😃
HOW TO ADD A YOUTUBE VIDEO:
Please click on "Add Media" icon on the left panel and choose "Add media via link", paste in the link and Push it to staging.
Make sure the video is Public, private videos will not be displayed to the audience.
Then "Show in Stream" to make it appear in stream. Now hit Play button in the Preview window in the middle and there you can also adjust the volume(just as you would do it on YouTube)
🛠️Please make sure to remove the Overlay in the Branding section(if you did set it up). The overlay will not allow you to play the video.
❗Note: Facebook can block you for copyright infringement if you are using protected pieces (for example, music) and delete the video you produce.
HOW TO ADD MEDIA FROM YOUR COMPUTER:
- Click "Add Media".
- Select "Upload Media"
- Locate the image or a video in your computer then click "Open". The file that you selected will now be in staging.
- Click "Show in Stream" in the top right of the image to add it in stream.
The image file should not exceed 15mb but the image's ratio can be whichever you prefer. The optimal ratio for images to fit in the whole screen is 16:9, e.g. 1280x720. Also, please make sure there are only Latin letters and no symbols in the file's name.
If you want to learn more about adding and playing a video for your audience, please feel free to check out this quick guide 😃
HOW TO ADD MEDIA FROM FACEBOOK:
- Click "Add Media".
- Select "Import from Facebook". Your Facebook albums would be shown. You can select the album where the image is located. Selecting "Load more" would load the other albums you have saved.
- Select which image you would like to share to put it on staging.
- Click "Show in Stream" in the top right of the image to add it in the stream.
- You can upload images that are in png, jpeg format and size should be up to 15 mb.
- You can upload videos up to 100 mb in mp4 format
- Adding an image to the stream would take up one screen out of the 4 screens you could have. Adding 2 images would take up 2 screens, etc.
- You can select what the images would look like in your stream by selecting the lay out here:
That's it! Enjoy broadcasting with Be.Live!