Here's a short video on how to add media to your broadcast:
For a more detailed explanation, read the full article below:
What if you are discussing a topic or a subject that is hard to describe in words and sharing an image would be the best way to show your audience? This article is your go-to guide on how to add images or videos directly from your computer as well as display pictures from your Facebook albums. Also, we now have an option to add a YouTube video via the link to it.
How to add media from your computer
- From the toolbar, click Media and select the first option (Upload Media).
- Locate the image or video from your computer and select Open. The file selected will now appear in staging.
- Click Show in Stream in the top right of the image to add it to the stream.
You may also upload multiple images at once and store them in a single section:
Note: The file name must only contain Latin letters and no symbols or special characters.
If you want to learn more about adding and playing a video for your audience, check out this quick guide.
How to add a YouTube video
- From the toolbar, click Media and select the second option (add media via link).
- Paste the YouTube link in the text box and click Push to Staging.
- From the Staging area, click Show in Stream on the video source to display it to the viewers.
- To play the video, hit the Play button in the Preview window. There, you may also adjust the volume as you would on YouTube.
- Make sure the video shared is set to Public. Private videos will not be displayed to the audience.
- Remove the overlay from the Branding section if you set it up. The overlay will not allow you to play the video.
- ❗Facebook can block you for copyright infringement if you are using protected pieces (like music) and delete the video you produce.
How to import media from Facebook
- From the toolbar, click Media.
- Select the third option (Import from Facebook). Your Facebook albums will appear. Select your preferred image and click Add Image.
- Click Show in Stream to display it to the audience.
Other things to know
- You can upload images in .png or .jpeg format up to 15mb in size. The suggested ratio is 16:9.
- You can upload videos from your computer in .mp4 format up to 100mb in size.
- You can change the appearance of your sources by selecting layouts that appear below the broadcasting section.
- Stream to Multiple Destinations with Simulcast
- Subscribe to Standard+ to Access Premium Features