What if you are discussing a topic or a subject that is hard to describe in words and sharing an image would be the best way to show your audience? This article is your go-to guide on how to add images or videos directly from your computer as well as display pictures from your Facebook albums. Also, we now have an option to add a YouTube video via the link to it.
How to add media from your computer
- From the toolbar, click Media and select the first option (Upload Media).
- Locate the image or video from your computer and select Open. The file selected will now appear in staging.
- Click Show in Stream in the top right of the image to add it to the stream.
You may also upload multiple images at once and store them in a single section:
Note: The file name must only contain Latin letters and no symbols or special characters. You can upload up to 10 images at once.
If you want to learn more about adding and playing a video for your audience, check out this quick guide.
How to add a YouTube video
- From the toolbar, click Media and select the second option (add media via link).
- Paste the YouTube link in the text box and click Push to Staging.
- From the Staging area, click Show in Stream on the video source to display it to the viewers.
- To play the video, hit the Play button in the Preview window. There, you may also adjust the volume as you would on YouTube.
- Make sure the video shared is set to Public. Private videos will not be displayed to the audience.
- Remove the overlay from the Branding section if you set it up. The overlay will not allow you to play the video.
- ❗Facebook can block you for copyright infringement if you are using protected pieces (like music) and delete the video you produce.
How to import media from Facebook
- From the toolbar, click Media.
- Select the third option (Import from Facebook). Your Facebook albums will appear. Select your preferred image and click Add Image.
- Click Show in Stream to display it to the audience.
Other things to know
- You can upload images in .png or .jpeg format up to 15mb in size. The suggested ratio is 16:9.
- You can upload videos from your computer in .mp4 format up to 100mb in size.
- You can change the appearance of your sources by selecting layouts that appear below the broadcasting section.