Noticed that your broadcasts could not reach more than 0 viewers? Your live streams are always available for Only You, and you're tired of changing your privacy settings to Public for every single broadcast? Today we're going to focus on how to change your privacy settings on Facebook! So let's get started :)
Managing privacy settings for posting on your timeline
When logging into BeLive for the first time, you will need to grant permissions and set up how your broadcasts will be posted on Facebook. It will look like this:
Just select the option that fits your needs, and confirm it by clicking the OK button. No worries! If you missed it, you still can change the settings directly on Facebook! Here are a few steps you need to go through:
1. Go to your private account settings on Facebook, and find the Business Integrations. Sometimes, BeLive also may be located under the Apps & Websites.
2. Click on BeLive to open the settings.
3. Scroll down to the visibility setting, and set it up to Only me.
4. Do not forget to save the changes by pressing the Save button, and then you're done!
Managing privacy settings for posting on a page you manage
By definition, the business page is always public, so when broadcasting to a page, you will not have a possibility to change privacy settings.
Tip: You can set a specific page as Unpublished so that your broadcasts are available to you only.
Managing the list of pages that BeLive has access to
One more thing for you to know! You can also manage the list of your pages/groups that BeLive will have access to. Here is a short instruction on how to check these settings:
1. Remove BeLive permissions from Facebook settings.
2. Go through the BeLive create broadcast flow choosing the page you manage as a destination.
3. Once the following window appeared, click "Choose what you allow."
4. This will show a list of all your pages so you can mark the desired one. And do not forget to press OK button ;)
Managing privacy settings for posting on Facebook group
In a group, everything depends on privacy settings. Here is a short instruction of how to change your privacy setting in the group:
1. Go to a specific group where you're going to do a livestream.
2. Under "More" find the option "Edit Group Settings".
3. After that, find the Privacy settings and select the option that better fits your needs.
Rule to remember:
- In case you want to share the post with broadcast to other pages/groups, it's required for your page/group that was selected as the main destination to be public. Keep in mind, it's not possible to share posts from the closed/secret group.
- If you created a broadcast on your timeline with limited access (set to "Only me" or "Friends"), you will be able to share it to the group BUT NOT TO THE PAGE! Remember that even shared to the group, only specific audience will be able to see the shared post.
Aaand that's it!
Now you changed your privacy settings and ready to go live.
Happy broadcasting! ;)